Thursday, 22 September 2016

The consultants on the ward I'm on are great. They're friendly, nice and relatively easy to get a hold of. I really appreciate that they normally get back to me pretty quickly, especially if it's a query about a patient.

There are occasions when patients are unhappy with their management and want to speak to the consultant looking after them. Fair enough. It annoys me when the consultants put them off and leave me to deal with the patient. So, I have to let the patient know their consultant is not available at the moment and it's unlikely they'll be able to come see them, which obviously only makes them angrier. They want answers, which they deserve, and they're not getting them.

Times like that, I imagine them sitting in an office somewhere sipping coffee, whilst I'm being hounded by 3 upset relatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment