Monday, 1 February 2016

Exam Results


So I passed finals. There is no other way to describe the feeling, than just pure relief. 4 and a 1/2 years have been leading up to this point. The big one. The mother of all medical exams. Over. I'll not have to do that again.

I couldn't sleep the night before. I was jumping from instagram to snapchat to facebook, trying to tire myself out. To get to the point where my eyes wouldn't be able to remain open and I'd fall asleep.  I tried reading but I couldn't concentrate. I tried sleeping but all I could think about was the email I'd get at midday with my results.  Would I be able to open it? Should I give it to someone else to do it for me? 

The morning after, I couldn't leave my bed. I stayed wrapped up to the neck, scrolling through instagram. My phone buzzed and I opened the email immediately. I read it. I read it again, just to be sure. And again. Did a little celebratory dance and then leapt out of bed. Literally, it was the best news I've had in a while.

I celebrated by going out for a meal. Twice. 

I am so thankful and happy about what this means and now, I can start planning for my elective. 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I look forward to hearing about your foundation year fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Though, after the on call shift I've just done, I think it's going to be a more nerve-racking year

      Delete