Saturday, 27 June 2015

Fear

The fear is upon me as I realise I'm getting closer to graduating. There's a mix of emotions, but mostly fear. I am excited to work and to be a doctor. I'm excited to be able to use what I've learnt and apply it to a problem. I'm excited at becoming financially independent for the first time in my life.

But I'm scared as well. Scared that I won't know what I'm doing and scared that I'll make a huge mistake with consequences I don’t want to even think about.

Medical school has been a safe haven. When things get tough, you go home. There's nothing to do, go home. You're safe from difficult encounters, imparting terrible news and making hard decisions. The coming year should be the final step for me to get myself to a position where I feel ready, or readi-er.

I wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment